Friday 5 July 2013

My Welsh Wedding – Mud, Sun, Sparkle & Of Course Jewellery! By Amanda Gilda’s Tryst Co-Founder


We are in the midst of wedding season, and when we get enquiries from blushing brides-to-be about wedding jewellery, pearl earrings and bridesmaid's presents, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic for the wedding fever that took hold in my life last summer. I had a few bridezilla moments in the build up, but had a ball on the day. I can't wait to go to another wedding! 

Young Alfie stealing the show in his navy knickerbockers, along with my pretty bridesmaids.

SEMI PRECIOUS SHERBERT ORANGE LUCKY STAR BRACELET
These ORANGE LUCKY STAR BRACELETS were the sweet-as-candy bracelets I chose for them as bridesmaid’s gifts. 

When it came to my own jewellery I stalled, unable to choose, and a little overwhelmed with love for all the pieces in the Gilda’s Tryst collection that I wanted to be in the wedding photos.  But I couldn’t wear them all. In the end I chose a combination of pearl silver earrings and a sparkly necklace with rock crystal and silver (down my back). 

PEARL SILVER AURORA EARRINGS
These PEARL SILVER AURORA EARRINGS had to be accessorised with flowery wellies; it had rained so much in the previous days that cars literally got stuck in the mud, but we were just glad that the sun came out.


The Gilda’s gang and guests were resplendent in Gilda’s Tryst jewellery; see Annabelle here in her sea-green drop earrings in Amazonite.

AMAZONITE SILVER DROP EARRINGS

Shireen read the Owl and The Pussycat on my behalf, and looked stunning in Gilda's Tryst earrings and cobalt blue.

TURQUOISE GOLD TRIPLE DROP EARRINGS

Briana snuggled up to hubby-to-be Patrick in her gold studs in Pyrite. 

PYRITE GOLD BOLD STUD EARRINGS


We ate like kings and then danced and danced by the light of the moon to the retro eleven piece jive band that had come all the way from Brighton via Glastonbury.

The night I became Mrs Carthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment